Sunday, July 31, 2011

Eclipse and ctrl-space

I've been plagued by this problem for years now. And it has been a pain in the neck.
Basically, windows XP chinese IME had a bug where you couldn't switch off the ctrl-space code assist button regardless of what you set the control panel settings to be.
I used to stop the chinese input method when I coded, and enabled it when writing chinese (not that I really know what I'm typing!)

Solution? Registry hack:
  • open "regedit.exe" in run dialog
  • Browse the registry editor to the location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Input Method\Hot Keys\
  • Now delete registry entries that with the name: 0000007x (x indicates any number)


HK Life: Disable ctrl space for language bar switch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But there is a sollution in Eclipse that works with another key combination than Control Space (C-Space). But I don't remember just now. :(

Anonymous said...

There are a better sollution within Eclipse. There are an alternative to C-Space that I have used before when I teached some chinese students. But I have forgot what it was. :(