Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Android still sucks - still no WPA2 enterprise support!

Now I am running android 2.1, update 1, and still Google have not updated their fricking UI for WPA2 Enterprise.
Are they mad? Are they INSANE?
Even worse my wireless no longer works - their update overwrote my /etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf with a dummy WRITE PROTECTED one so my old wifihelper app (and wifinder) can't write to it.

This means my Motorola Milestone does not work with most common university/corporate networks. My ipod touch seemlessly works. Android developers - I HATE YOU.

Oh, of course, I could ROOT my phone so I could update it myself (or use wifinder again). Pain in the (*^(*^(!

What is so embarrassing is that we teach android at this uni and our students can't connect to the network here - we use UTS-WPA (a WPA2 Enterprise network - simple set up,  just use WPA2 + AES for stage one, and EAP = PEAP for stage 2. Just use student/staff number and your email password)

For eduroam, you use EAP-TTLS, and use the PAP (nnnnn@uts.edu.au, password) instead.

SIMPLE EH?

No comments: